lördag 18 juni 2016

Den perfekta herrstrumpan / The perfect sock for men

Perfect socks for men
In 1985 ICA kuriren published "Sticka sockor" - a collection of sock patterns originating from a competition for their readers. From the submitted socks some were chosen for publication and knitting instructions for each item were written. This book is no longer available in stores. You will have to search the second-hand market.
The pattern for "the perfect sock for men" is a very good basic pattern for socks knitted with a rather thin (420 metres per 100 grams) sock yarn on needles 2,50 mm. The rib is continued on the upper part of the foot giving the sock great flexibility and the heel has a standard slip 1, knit 1 stitch to make it stronger.
Knitting men's socks in thin yarn takes a lot of time, but the result is rewarding.
I like these socks a lot. They will be very useful in spring and autumn, and indoors on cold summer days.
The yarn used for these socks is Drops Fabel. it is the first time I use this sock yarn. It has been recommended by my friends as a good and durable sock yarn. I do hope that is true - I would be really disappointed if all the hours spent knitting these socks were waisted.
Sticka sockor - ICA kuriren (ICA-förlaget AB) 1985
And by the way - I knitted two pairs (and one more pair is on it's way).

6 kommentarer:

  1. DROPS Fabel is a very nice yarn and I knitted a lot of socks... never had any problems... I can recommend it!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you for telling me that. It seems as if it is a reliable yarn for socks.
      All the best!
      Lars

      Radera
  2. Beautiful socks. After years and years of knitting them, I still marvel at their construction and comfort. Thanks for the tip on the yarn. I will gook for it.
    Ron in Mexico

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Ron!
      I agree, I will probably never get tired of knitting socks.
      Lars

      Radera
  3. Yhao sock supplier has designed and manufactured many kinds of fashion socks for men. The main types include but not limited to business socks, casual socks, hiking socks, dress socks, knee-high socks, sports socks, soccer socks. Available in low cut, ankle, crew, mid tube, knee high, and thigh high styles. https://wholesalesocksbulk.com/bulk/stock-products/socks/men-socks/

    SvaraRadera